Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who You Are.
We’re seeking a User + Product Research Manager to help lead a qualitative and quantitative research practice at Virgin Pulse. You will join a broader Product department that spans product management, UX design, and strategy. Our research teams spans both hands-on research and research as a consulting/enabling service for UX designers, Content Strategists, and product managers.
You'll have past experience building, managing, and mentoring high-performing research teams within an entrepreneurial, fast-moving product org, and are comfortable across a range of research modalities, including upfront generative research, usability testing, data science, and product metrics.
Your leadership will focus on actionable insights that directly impact the work of product managers, designers, writers, and engineers throughout our global organization. You’ll be ready to take on meaningful, complex qual and quant research initiatives.
You are able to work in a highly collaborative manner that brings out the best in teams and individual contributors and inspires product design teams to embrace research practices and insights. You should be comfortable in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment, able to navigate and resolve ambiguity and serve as an effective advocate for user-centered and data-driven product design decisions.
You're also comfortable and conversant with data science as part of a multi-method research practice to gain insights into behavior and use those insights to suggest new features, or approaches, and to optimize existing features.
You also have strong hands-on skills in being an effective advocate for the value of research, supporting and extending research operations tooling and workflows, prioritizing research amongst competing projects, and research project management including participant recruitment, managing a research calendar, and helping to guide research readout formats, templates, and knowledge sharing.
What you bring to our team.
- Bachelor’s in a human behavior related field, such as human-computer interaction, human factors, psychology, sociology, communication, or information science; master's degree a plus.
- 5 or more years’ professional experience in user research and UX design;
- At least 2 years’ managing direct research team members and guiding them with professional career growth;
- Experience with user interviews, usability testing, and both quant and qualitative user research methods;
- Experience working in an agile software discovery and development process;
- Experience with data analysis, survey design, and other quantitative user research methods. Experience with leading a research project from start to finish
- Previous experience conducting research on understandability and learnability
- Ability to present to wide variety of cross-discipline stakeholders, both peers, and executive-level decision makers;
- Comfortable facilitating a wide range of opinions and being open and inclusive to diverse styles and approaches;
- Experience with tools such as Tableau, User Interviews, Survey Monkey, Confluence, InVision and/or related tools a plus.
- Domain Experience in Health or Wellbeing a plus.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.