Sr. Privacy & Compliance Counsel
- Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
Denver, CO, or Providence, RI, or Remote – Must be licensed in CO, MA, MN, or RI or eligible to waive in to one of those States.
You are an experienced privacy attorney with experience in the health and wellbeing industry or another highly-regulated data intensive area.
You will be responsible for leading the healthcare compliance, privacy and regulatory function, including designing and operating an effective compliance and privacy program, researching and advising on new and existing regulatory matters, managing vendor oversight and managing government affairs initiatives. You will provide executive leadership with effective advice on company strategies and their implementation, lead the Compliance and Privacy teams, and obtain and oversee the work of outside counsel as needed. In this role, you will work closely with the Global head of Legal and the Chief Financial Officer and be directly involved in advising senior leaders and executives, ensuring a highly effective compliance and privacy program and executing the day-to-day compliance needs of the business. This role reports directly to the Global Head of Legal, but has full, independent access to any member of the Executive Leadership Team, including the CEO.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- Lead compliance, privacy, vendor oversight and government affairs initiatives for the business
- Evaluate and maintain an effective compliance process that aligns with all healthcare legal and regulatory requirements and the business' top priorities
- Evaluate and maintain an effective healthcare privacy program that protects individuals' protected health information
- Evaluate and enhance policies and procedures for vendor contract management and administration in compliance with company policy
- Establish and lead the company through an effective enterprise risk management process on a periodic basis
- Provide leadership with effective compliance and regulatory advice on company strategies and their implementation
- Advise management and clients on complex regulatory and compliance related matters as needed
- Conduct research to interpret laws, rulings and regulations and determine how Icario may conduct and grow business within them
- Counsel leadership on the consequences of federal and state healthcare, privacy and commerce laws that affect the business
- Engage and oversee the work of outside counsel as necessary
- Additional duties as assigned
An environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- Licensed attorney of law in CO, MN, MN, or RI
- 8 to 10 years of a relevant experience in healthcare compliance
- Experience in healthcare law and operating in a highly regulated environment
- Experience with HIPAA and PHI compliance requirements
- Must be able to articulate a point of view clearly and concisely
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to assess and communicate risks
- Willing to challenge the status quo and consider all options
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, hands-on environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous leadership experience of professional legal staff and a proven ability to select, develop and retain top talent
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.
For Colorado* based candidates - The range of our base salary cash compensation for this role for candidates living in Colorado is between $160,000-$190,000. Final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. We offer a full robust benefits package. Because base compensation is driven by location, our recruiters will be happy to discuss a salary range for other locations during the interview process.No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
#LI-REMOTE & INDIVIDUAL HASHTAGS HERE remove if not needed!!
Why work at Virgin Pulse???
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.