Sr. Manager Global Leadership Development
Remote, United States
Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
This new position will report into the Director, North America HRBP & Talent with a dotted line to CPO to develop leadership strategy and narrative for board. This is an individual contributor position that will provide strategic and operational support for all talent and leadership development priorities to ensure the appropriate initiatives drive improved performance and organizational business results. The role will be accountable for our approach to succession and talent reviews, assessments, enterprise-wide people manager and leadership curriculum and people manager onboarding. This role will provide grounded research and industry best practices to establish and drive a multi-year leadership development strategy to deliver and grow virgin pulse.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- Drive enterprise-wide people manager and leadership programs and initiatives targeting early career through senior level leaders
- Create a leadership success profile and framework including critical behaviors and experiences to grow as a leader at VP; establish the VP leadership DNA
- Gain agreement from senior leadership on the leadership principles (e.g., leaders developing leaders, time in role, successor in place before talent movement, accountability); launch a communication plan to drive visibility and consistency of messaging
- Build a leadership brand in the marketplace
- Develop a succession and talent review planning process to identify high potential/next gen leadership talent
- Establish and oversee standards and guidelines for assessment
- Design and oversee people manager on-boarding standards for the company
- Ensure diversity is appropriately and consistently integrated across people manager and leadership development programs and practices
- Partner with HRBPs and recruiters to ensure alignment between succession planning and recruiting
- Perform other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Thought leadership; has created leadership development programs using design principles and blending learning strategies in a progressive, “high-bar for talent” environment
- Has the experience, maturity, executive presence and judgment to gain credibility and respect among business and People leadership team
- Experience developing customized and pragmatic approaches that leverage and complement the business culture of companies in which they work vs. favoring a particular academic approach
- Demonstrated ability to develop a vision and strategy while working in a hands-on, collaborative manner
- Comfortable with ambiguity; navigates confidently; adapts to change
- Strong measurement bias and the ability to translate leadership development and talent activities into measurable outcomes
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work at Virgin Pulse???
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.