Who we are:
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while transparently engaging users daily in building and sustaining relevant healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.?
We engage several million members worldwide through our App Store and Play Store Applications that have over 500k consumer reviews and 4.8+ ratings
Who are our employees??
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people?be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and at home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
You desire to be a professional Software Engineer and have a goal to find a position on a technology team focused on continuing the growth of our next-generation SaaS application.??
You would enjoy working with other Software Engineers on a platform that does 50 billion+ consumer generated API calls a year and features a real time event streaming pipeline backed by a big data cloud infrastructure and large database cluster.
As a Software Engineer at Virgin Pulse you will work on implementing product features, stories, unit tests, general R&D, and bug fixes with minimal oversight. You bring to the table a broad understanding of many modern open-source web technologies, and are dedicated to learning more. You will work on a scrum team, collaborating with our Tech Leads, Product Owners and other talented Engineers to deliver great solutions on an exponentially growing application.?
In addition to the above you possess a number of desirable traits including:
- You have outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- You are a good communicator (written and verbal)
- You are enthusiastic about working in a team, and have great people skills
- A passion for learning technologies and applying them to the right projects.
Our next generation SAAS platform is using an exciting mixture of technologies.
- Java/Kotlin-based REST API built on Spring Boot and Hibernate serving traffic to both web and mobile consumers.
- Asynchronous message-driven backend with an event -sourcing pattern using SNS/SQS and Storm/Kinesis and a mixture of CDC and DMS.
- Mongo, MySQL Aurora, PostgreSQL, Cassandra and Redis footprint.
- Amazon Web Services for stability and high availability.
- Extensive platform features that utilize AI, machine learning, personalization and analytics.
What you bring to the team.?
Your ability to code for scale while leveraging async processing, queues, workers and consumers on Amazon Web Services, AWS machine learning, and related technologies. In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you have a multitude of positive attributes including:
- In-depth understanding of one either Java or Angular
- You are a natural at the design and implementation of REST APIs
- PostgreSQL, Cassandra, Aurora, Elasticsearch (a mix of SQL and NoSQL skills)
- REST and JSON and friends (how the web works, and you should love it)
- Unit?testing, and how to write a good unit?test
- Agile/Kanban, and Scrum methodologies and tools (Jira, Git)
- Continuous Integration / Delivery (TeamCity, Jenkins, Gitlab, Maven)
What makes you stand out.
- Machine learning and data science principles
- Experience in analytics including data practices and visualization
- Hibernate / Java Persistence API
- Spring / Spring Boot
- AWS: DynamoDB/Aurora/Kinesis/S3/Lambdas/SNS/SQS (or parallel cloud experience)
Work to maintain system and data security at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Adhere to industry best practice coding standards and verify all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities (OWASP/CWE).
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.