Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who you are
This position supports the Penn National Gaming (Penn) Team Member well-being program and the ideal candidate will be based in one of the following metro areas:
- Chicago, Illinois
- Detroit, Michigan
- LAs Vegas, Nevada
- Columbus, Ohio
- Dayton, Ohio
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Lake Charles, Louisiana
- Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
In this role you will wear many hats but your skills will be especially essential in the following:
The Wellness Coordinator will work with the Penn Corporate Benefits Team and the CSM, promoting well-being among the Team Members and their families. The Wellness Coordinator will collaborate with the Penn Corporate Benefits team to develop programs, communications outreach tactics and engagement activities. This individual will provide advocacy for Virgin Pulse products and demonstrate Virgin Pulse’s mission of Changing Lives for Good. This position will include up to 10% travel once safe to do so.
The Wellness Coordinator will partner with Penn to promote a culture of health that addresses the health needs of Penn’s benefits eligible population. Additionally, the Wellness Coordinator will work closely with Penn Corporate Benefits to create integrated programming designed to improve awareness of health issues as well as create opportunities for Penn Team Members and their spouses to engage in healthy activities. This individual will be qualified and have the resources to answer all the questions about Virgin Pulse and our products as well as questions and/or concerns regarding our well-being programs, benefits, and resources. Additionally, this position will support efforts to build out tools, resources and training which lend themselves to “onsite” including but not limited to Wellness Champion Networks.
- Identify opportunities to integrate well-being into Penn’s culture
- Monitor, evaluate and respond to program measurements, including operations and quality, to drive continuous quality improvement initiatives and goals
- Engage and partner with Penn leadership to support a culture of well-being
- Collaborate with Penn account leadership to drive engagement in healthy activities
- Develop and leverage partnerships with other Penn well-being programs
- Provide data and analytics support to define, track and report on program activities, participation and results
- Facilitate ongoing Penn committee/group/network meetings
- Manage trending feedback
- Ensure strategies are translated to implementation plans and that such plans are communicated and implemented effectively
- Collaborate with Penn and partners/stakeholders including, but not limited to, Marketing, Product, Business Operations and Customer Service to support key implementation/program update activities
- Participate in ongoing Virgin Pulse discussions/meetings
- Support for renewal planning as appropriate
- Build out and support the well-being champion network and provide leadership, support and resources to champions at multiple locations
- Successfully escalate concerns within the applicable organization and help drive issue resolution in a timely manner
- Support implementation of health promotion programs including health screenings, flu shots and others across Penn’s multiple properties
- Perform other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer, you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Bachelor’s degree in health promotion or other health related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- 2 -3 years’ experience in fields related to health and wellness
- 2 -3 years’ experience in business environment
- Working knowledge of the Virgin Pulse platform and systems/tools
- Ability to initiate and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Work collaboratively and effectively with internal/external partners
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Outstanding ability to deliver presentations at all levels within an organization; both small and large group
- Strong customer service-orientation
- Adept at Excel, data analytics, forecasting
- Big picture thinker
- Business acumen
- Naturally curious
* No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.