Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
The Strategic Sales Associate identifies sales opportunities, creates interest, drives brand and solution awareness and preference, and assists the VP of Strategic Accounts in matriculating pipeline. Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to, generating new business by following up on inbound marketing leads, sourcing outbound leads, qualifying interested prospects, setting up meetings for the Vice President of Strategic Accounts that adhere to the qualification guidelines, and working in partnership to bring business to close. To be successful in this role, the associate will nurture relationships, build value, handle objections, create urgency, open and assist in the management of the sales cycle, and collaborate strategically with the VP of Strategic Accounts and marketing to create a sales pipeline that exceeds quota expectations.
In the role of Strategic Sales Associate you will wear many hats and your focus will be key in the following:
- Manage top of the funnel activity
- Follow up on inbound leads generated from marketing and lead gen efforts
- Ongoing outbound campaigning and outreach
- Account mapping
- Initial calls / meeting / demonstrations
- Creating and following up on target account lists
- Strategizing, coordinating, and completing strategic outbound prospecting campaigns
- Active pipeline support
- Active prospect and pipeline relationship management
- Participating in onsite / offsite meetings
- Ongoing meeting participation and presence
- Conferences, micro events, networking events
- RFI / RFP support
- Assisting in prospect follow up and selling between events
- Coordinating with VP of Strategic Accounts to keep salesforce records updated
- Meeting preparation
- Contracting and deal closing
- Gathering internal resources and departments to support contracting phase
- Support transition of closed deals to implementation team
What you bring to the team.
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or Communications and some experience in an inside sales role would be fabulous.
- Outgoing, positive, friendly, and eager to be on the phone.
- Demonstrated history in exceeding performance goals and quotas.
- Experience selling enterprise products/services with a focus on value-based selling methodologies
- Strong communications and understanding of how to identify customer needs and map business value.
- Adept in using Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office applications.
- Internet and research savvy using online resources such as LinkedIn and Hoovers to identify contacts within target companies.
- Proficient in managing multiple simultaneous qualification and sales process.
- Strong customer understanding and range between core job deliverables to solving business problems. Must quickly assess a business situation or scenario and quickly develop and drive plans to address challenges or capture opportunities.
- Willingness to accept and contribute new ideas, and adapt to a rapidly changing
What makes you stand out.
- Results oriented, with strong project management and influencing skills
- Demonstrates a strategic and thoughtful approach to territory and account penetration
- Proactive in planning, communicating, and proposing territory strategies with VP of Strategic Accounts
- Understand business value, motivation and purchase processes and how to synthesize these insights into actionable, useful guidance for the sales and marketing teams.
- Excellent understanding of B2B prospecting and sales best practices and proven ability to find creative solutions to project challenges and new opportunities.
- Has a strong sense of pace and urgency to ensure work is completed in the expected timelines.
- KPI Structure: Management discretion for the moment, but considerations for the following:
- Exempt (non-hourly) salary + commission structure
- Quarterly commission payout
- Receive percentage of closed ARR
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.