Senior UX Designer
Remote, United States
Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
As a member of the design group, you will help shape our global health and wellbeing product by applying hands-on UX design and product thinking skills. Our software platform spans from the web to wearables, from iOS to Android and other connected devices and reaches more than 14 million impacted members across 18 languages and 190 countries.
You enjoy a wide mix of work ranging from consumer-style fitness app design to complex back-end admin interfaces, and have experience creating not only end-state UI but also strategic artifacts including task flows, wireframes, and concepts. You will join an innovative product experience team that includes product managers, UX designers and researchers, content strategists, and other specialists in a highly-collaborative agile environment. This role may be remote, or can be based in Providence, RI or Bosnia and Herzegovina. Please submit a portfolio of recent work along with your application. Please note that, while this is an individual contributor/non-manager role, you will be expected to do some informal mentoring and leadership within the design group.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- Expertise in reframing problems and inventing new paths that enable innovation across the platform
- You understand complex technical and user challenges, and help create clarity and momentum about key features and approaches
- Ability to build consensus within your team as well as across teams and leadership
- Ability to drive UX strategy of roadmap planning, coordinating with Business and Engineering partners
- Deep understanding of end-to-end product experience
- Strong conceptual thinker and visual communicator
- Experienced collaborator with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated expertise in working with and mentoring other designers to identify cross-platform opportunities for collaboration
- You’re comfortable deep in the weeds of the design process, as well as in conversing on the roadmap with product stakeholders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in Product Design and product-oriented UX roles
- BA/BS or MA/MS in design related field, or trade school certification, or equivalent experience
- Previous domain experience in Wellbeing, Fitness, and Healthcare a plus
- Experience in healthcare, public health or in positions which considered Social Determinants of Health (SDOH) a plus
- Experience in data-oriented products and data visualization a plus
- Experience with game design and/or loyalty programs a plus
- Passion for creating useful, usable, engaging user experiences
- Ability to lead design thinking and workshop facilitation sessions
- Enjoy both creation of from-scratch concepts and extending existing platform and wayfinding patterns
- Well-versed in Figma, Jira, the Adobe suite and other operational tools and norms
- Generalist UX chops across information architecture, interaction design, user research, and visual design
- Excellent written and spoken communicator able to present design decisions in a clear and compelling way
- Adept and nimble at learning new domains, technologies, and processes;
- Able to thrive as both a heads-down contributor and a heads-up collaborator;
- Work with developers and QA to deliver polished final product
- Deep understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices - and you’re always looking to improve on your process
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment, while also leading process improvement efforts
- A deep appreciation and talent for simple solutions to complex problems
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- Previous domain experience in Healthcare, Wellbeing
- Experience in data-oriented products and data visualization
- Interest and awareness of quantified-self trends and personal data collection as it relates to heath, financial categories
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
#LI-REMOTE & #LI-IP1
Why work at Virgin Pulse???
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.