Senior Tax Accountant
G&A - (Legal/Finance)
Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
Virgin Pulse is looking for a highly motivated and naturally curious professional to join our team as a Senior Tax Accountant. This role will report to the Director of Tax and will assist with review and preparation of U.S. and Non-U.S. direct and indirect tax provision, tax compliance and tax reporting obligations. They will assist in the oversight and review of work performed by internal staff and external service providers. This person should have effective verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency with technology, including an ability to quickly adapt to new technologies is critical.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- Data collection and analysis for annual U.S. Income Tax Provision and Compliance
- Data collection and analysis for annual Non-U.S. Income Tax Provision and Compliance
- Data collection and analysis for quarterly provision and estimated payment calculations
- Staff oversight and review of monthly and quarterly VAT calculations, filings, and payments
- Staff oversight and review of monthly sales tax reconciliations and returns
- Quarterly review and calculation of Use Tax reporting and payment obligations
- Administer and maintain Avalara sales tax engine and exemption certificate validation
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of GL balances in tax accounts for financial close
- Prepare quarterly transfer pricing calculations for intercompany charges
- Review and assist in responding to various tax notices
- Assistance in identifying and implementing process and technology improvements
- Tax research relative to VAT, income, sales and payroll tax as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Bachelors Degree, MST a plus
- 2-3 years of experience in an income tax role, public accounting a plus
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- Proficiency in Windows and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with Netsuite and Avalara a plus
- Excellent written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet critical deadlines in a timely manner
- Enthusiastic team player
- CPA a plus
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work at Virgin Pulse???
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.