Who we are:
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while transparently engaging users daily in building and sustaining relevant healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.?
We engage several million members worldwide through our App Store and Play Store Applications that have over 500k consumer reviews and 4.8+ ratings
Who are our employees??
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people?be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and at home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
As a Software Engineer at Virgin Pulse you will work on a scrum team. You bring to the table a base understanding of many modern open-source web technologies, and are dedicated to learning more. Each day you will be collaborating with Tech Leads, Product Managers, UX Designers, and other talented Engineers to deliver great solutions on an exponentially growing application.
You'll be working on a platform that serves:
- Several million engaged users.
- 50 billion+ consumer generated API calls a year.
- Native mobile clients with 100k+ consumer reviews with at 4.8+ star rating.
In the role of Software Engineer – Full Stack / Front End at Virgin Pulse you will wear many hats, but your attention will be crucial in the following:
- Develop design patterns and flows, and contribute to and improve our internal design systems to enable a delightful user experience
- Be an impactful and mature contributor to the team to plan, design, and build elegant solutions
- Collaborate closely with software engineers, product managers, and designers, both within your team and across teams
- Deliver testable, maintainable, and high-quality code
- Share knowledge, evangelize best practices and collaborate with web engineers throughout the company
- Design, code, and test new platform components, features, and enhancements.
- Triage, investigate, and resolve issues across our platform.
- Participate in sprint ceremonies to design solutions, estimate effort, and collaborate with the team to effectively plan work.
Our next generation SAAS platform is using an exciting mixture of technologies. Our Java/Scala/Kotlin-based REST API is built on Spring Boot and Hibernate which serves traffic to both web and mobile consumers. Our asynchronous message driven backend uses an event sourcing pattern with SNS/SQS and Storm. We’re using a combination of Mongo, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra and Redis. Redis, specifically, is used extensively in a distributed locking system, responsible for supporting real-time data processing. All of this uses Amazon Web Services extensively for stability and high availability. We are working on extensive platform features that utilize AI, machine learning, personalization and analytics.
We practice Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using TeamCity; as a result we have continual smaller releases to our environments (Development, QA, Staging, Production), with integrated unit tests and code coverage analysis while eliminating the risk taken on with only a few large releases/product updates.
What you bring to the team.
Your ability to code for scale while leveraging concepts like async processing, queues, workers and consumers on Amazon Web Services. In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you would also come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
• 4+ years’ experience in an engineering role.
• Strong communication skills and can comfortably discuss the architecture for the features you’ll propose and the ability to implement them cleanly.
• A passion and drive for learning technologies and applying them pragmatically.
• An ability to contribute to a technical discussion and the openness to listen and learn from your peers.
Skills and prior experience should include:
• An in-depth understanding Java and Angular and have extensive knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Care deeply about usability, accessibility and performance
• Care deeply about the user experience and know how to build user-friendly web applications
• The ability to design and implement REST API
• Dedication to Unit Testing
What makes you stand out.
- Spring Boot Framework
- Apache Storm
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.