Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
You are Sr. SDET, capable to perform testing and quality assurance in the Product Delivery Team. You will be responsible for creating and implementing test automation scripts to ensure quality and expected functionality and report issues observed. As the Sr. SDET you will also mentor SDET I and II and may pair program with them when needed. ?You can clearly and effectively communicate expectations, suggestions and team improvements when required. ?As a Sr. SDET you have a solid grasp of the platform, QA processes, and tech stack.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- Write and Implement Automation tests independently
- Create Bug Tickets with a detailed description of the issue
- Validate story acceptance criteria
- Participation in sprint grooming, planning, and kick-off to help estimate stories, raise awareness, and additional testing details
- Has a thorough understanding of existing system design, architecture, and business logic
- Mentor and assist others SDETs
- Perform Code Reviews
- Monitor the Health of the Platforms using the tools at hand and raise awareness to the team
- Work and solve complex testing problems
- Demonstrate ownership for automation/quality across the team
- Creates reusable scripts/tools where required
- Perform other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team:
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Management Information Systems, or equivalent technology experience.
- 4+ years of SDET/CI/CD/Automation experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience developing web, mobile and api automated test cases
- Experience using test automation frameworks for script development
- Experience writing test cases based on requirements
- Thorough understanding of defect management process
- Show an ability to learn and solve issues in a timely manner
- Fluent in Java and/or .NET or similar
- A solid understanding of test automation best practices and how to apply to test automation solution
- Experience using custom test automation frameworks integrated into CI/CD
- Fluent in formal testing processes and test case writing
- Able to effectively communicate and mentor other SDETs on best practices for testing and test automation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to self direct priorities and identify work to be completed
Our technology sets us apart
Our cloud platform is using an exciting mixture of technologies to provide millions of end users with rich experiences in native mobile and responsive browser platforms built in Angular at scale. These highly scalable, reliable applications are supported by a suite of services built on APIs and real-time processors leveraging Spring Framework technologies. Our platforms consume billions of activities, in various forms, which drive our analytics and machine learning platforms. We leverage backend systems, with AWS at their core, which support a diverse set of workloads including Aurora RDS, ElastiCache, SNS/SQS, Kafka, EC2/ECS/EKS, S3, CloudFront, and Personalize. We manage these services with infrastructure as code technologies to ensure consistency and reliability.
Continuous Integration and Deployment is part of our DNA. We structure our applications as microservices and manage each deployment pipeline using containers, GitLab, and Harness. We strive for layered approach to unit, integration, functional tests to allow for lower risk releases at rates 100s of times per day to multiple environments.
You’ll be working on a platform that serves:
- Several million users with nearly 50% use daily
- 75 billion API calls and transactions a year spread across 35 services
- An engaging native mobile platform driving 85% of user traffic
- Hundreds of terabytes of data spread across multiple transactional and analytical stores
Engineers at Virgin Pulse work in small autonomous teams of technical leads, product owners, project managers, designers, and engineers collaborating with each other, across teams, to deliver unique solutions and products to the portfolio. As part of our team, you bring to the table your technical and leadership skills to help us build the latest technology in health and wellness platforms.
Work to ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Ensure industry best practice coding standards are adhered to ensure all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities, such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work at Virgin Pulse?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.