Senior BI Architect
Remote, United States
Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
If you are looking for opportunities to apply your deep technical knowledge of MicroStrategy to a company making major impact to the health and wellbeing of millions of people around the globe, then Virgin Pulse is the company that is perfect for your skills and desire to architect change. The continued growth that we have enjoyed is providing learning and development opportunities in all technology areas of our expanding IT organization. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of our reporting and analytics initiative that will put you at the forefront of architecting MicroStrategy into our business. You will be responsible for immediate and highly visible technical solutions that will impact millions of Virgin Pulse members.
At Virgin Pulse we are reimagining our Data & Analytics ecosystem. We are creating an end-to-end integrated data pipeline that would add tremendous value to our customers and members, by delivering data-driven outcomes. This position is at the forefront of this transformation?and will be a great fit for a passionate and technically skilled candidate, who is ready to push the envelope with MicroStrategy and associated technologies in the cloud. All the technical solutions we design are driven by flexibility, very large scale, and quality as we serve millions of members who expect excellence. You will have the opportunity to apply and grow your skills in the design of highly scalable front-end, back-end, or system integration-based solutions.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- 8-10 years overall experience with MicroStrategy, including MicroStrategy Cloud
- 5+ years of experience with MicroStrategy Architecture, Schema, Scheduling, Embedding, Security and Development
- Solid understanding of Data Modeling concepts
- Experience with embedding dossiers, visualizations, and data
- Extensive experience developing and scheduling reports, dossiers, dashboards, and intelligent cubes in MicroStrategy
- Advanced SQL coding skills
- Knowledge of Agile Project Management Tool JIRA, or similar
Other nice -to-have skills:
- Experience with MicroStrategy APIs
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience with self-service file extracts
- Experience in Healthcare
- Experience with AWS
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team:
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Management Information Systems, or equivalent technology experience
- MicroStrategy certifications
- 8-10 years of experience in MicroStrategy
- Lead the development of the architecture for a customer facing reporting and embedded web environment
- Develop solutions that will focus on consuming data through self-service, embedded analytics, and traditional reporting solutions.
- Extensive experience with MicroStrategy Architecture as well as application object development including schema objects, metrics, templates, filters, reports, dashboards, schedules, etc.
- Responsible for the technical vision, execution and support of business intelligence reporting and analytics solutions.
- Experience writing reports over various data sources including RedShift and Snowflake.
- Expert knowledge of BI architecture, data warehousing concepts, and data visualization best practices
- Analyze complex system requirements and the subsequent development of reporting, analytical, and dashboard solutions using the MicroStrategy BI platform
- Adept and proactive at problem-solving to help evaluate incidents/defects, investigate, identify root causes, and come up with solutions to address them
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop solutions to problems independently and through facilitated team discussions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate details with all levels of management
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Our technology sets us apart
Our cloud platform is using an exciting mixture of technologies to provide millions of end users with rich experiences in native mobile and responsive browser platforms built in Angular at scale. These highly scalable, reliable applications are supported by a suite of services built on APIs and real-time processors leveraging Spring Framework technologies. Our platforms consume billions of activities, in various forms, which drive our analytics and machine learning platforms. We leverage backend systems, with AWS at their core, which support a diverse set of workloads including Aurora RDS, ElastiCache, SNS/SQS, Kafka, EC2/ECS/EKS, S3, CloudFront, and Personalize. We manage these services with infrastructure as code technologies to ensure consistency and reliability.
Continuous Integration and Deployment is part of our DNA. We structure our applications as microservices and manage each deployment pipeline using containers, GitLab, and Harness. We strive for layered approach to unit, integration, functional tests to allow for lower risk releases at rates 100s of times per day to multiple environments.
You’ll be working on a platform that serves:
- Several million users with nearly 50% use daily
- 75 billion API calls and transactions a year spread across 35 services
- An engaging native mobile platform driving 85% of user traffic
- Hundreds of terabytes of data spread across multiple transactional and analytical stores
Engineers at Virgin Pulse work in small autonomous teams of technical leads, product owners, project managers, designers, and engineers collaborating with each other, across teams, to deliver unique solutions and products to the portfolio. As part of our team, you bring to the table your technical and leadership skills to help us build the latest technology in health and wellness platforms.
Work to ensure system and data security is maintained at a high standard, ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the Virgin Pulse application is not compromised. Ensure industry best practice coding standards are adhered to ensure all code developed at Virgin Pulse is free from bugs and security vulnerabilities, such as those defined and published by OWASP.
Why work at Virgin Pulse?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is available in Colorado or remote, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request via email to email@example.com. Please note the salary may vary depending on your skills, and experience.