Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who you are
You are a dedicated, passionate Health Coach who has the ability and fortitude to help support our client’s effort to promote?and facilitate a healthier employee culture.?You will?offer coaching sessions designed to create a supportive environment for employees engaging in other lifestyle related health improvement areas.? This person will provide education on health matters, accountability to established goals, and direct the employees to the appropriate resources for health concerns outside of their scope of knowledge.?
In the role of Onsite Health Coach you will,?with the support of?Virgin Pulse?and client input, create, organize, market and implement onsite educational opportunities to address the health needs of the employee population.?You?will also promote and motivate consumers to enroll in online and telephonic programs, customer-specific programs and other activities as identified. Additionally,?you should be?qualified and have the resources to answer all the questions about?Virgin Pulse, our products, and the client-specific incentive design.
In this role you will wear many hats but your skills will be essential in the following:
- Conducting?individual and group coaching sessions that create a comfortable and confidential environment for consumers
- Possessing?a?coaching style that supports consumer-driven goal setting and change
- Being preventative-care minded and?empathetic
- Motivated with a demonstrated results orientation and ability to execute on goals
- Possessing high energy?and?Enjoys a challenge
- Willing to hold people accountable
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal relationship management skills (both verbal and written)
- Personally demonstrate?healthy behaviors in?your?life
- Having strong presentation skills and comfortable presenting to small, medium, and large groups
- Having knowledge of a wide variety of health concerns and approaches to drive towards change and positive outcomes
- You are comfortable working with a diverse consumer population
- Have strong organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- You are?Continuous Quality Improvement driven and works to streamline processes, procedures and programs.
- Ability to multi-task with a high level of organization
- Respectful of?and use of an evidence-based approach while customizing the plan to the needs of the individual consumer
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer, you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Bachelor’s degree in a health related field
- Certification/License in specific field (exercise physiologist, nutritionist, other)
- Three to five years’ experience in fields related to health coach role preferred, including: nurse line, disease management etc.
- Two to four years’ experience with individual behavior change management, motivational interviewing and health coaching
- Experience with implementing and presenting a health focused curriculum for a population
- Previous experience working as an on-site health coach preferred
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
* No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to * No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.