Health & Wellbeing Associate
Now is the time to join us!
At Virgin Pulse we value and celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe in creating teams made up of individuals with various backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Why? Because diversity inspires innovation, collaboration, and challenges us to produce better solutions. But more than this, diversity is our strength, and a catalyst in our ability to #changelivesforgood.
Who are you?
THIS ROLE IS NOT 100% REMOTE – THIS ROLE REQUIRES THE CANDIDATE TO LIVE IN MICHIGAN
Hybrid (Remote & On-site at a variety of DTE locations located in Michigan/mostly Greater Detroit area)
This is a full-time hybrid position supporting DTE Energy in Michigan. You will report directly to the Manager, Workplace Health & Wellbeing. This is an entry-level position designed to support our team of 12 Health & Wellbeing Specialists. You will be expected to support both on-site and virtual events such as Wellness Presentations, Wellness Moments, Mindfulness & Meditation, Trivia, and Warm-ups. While this role will be employee facing, you will also have administrative duties that require knowledge of excel and how to interpret data to provide programming recommendations. The goal of this role is to set you up for success so that within a few years, you will be equipped to step into a Health & Wellbeing Specialist role.
The Health & Wellbeing Associate is a client-dedicated member of the Virgin Pulse account team, focused on building a culture of health, enhancing health and wellbeing engagement, and driving health behavior change through awareness and activation. The Health & Wellbeing Associate collaborates with Virgin Pulse account leadership and DTE’s Health & Wellbeing team. This individual will provide advocacy for Virgin Pulse products and demonstrate Virgin Pulse’s mission of Changing Lives for Good. This position will require you to be on-site as needed to support your team members at their locations. Travel is required between these locations to support health and wellbeing initiatives. Mileage reimbursement is provided for anything over 50 miles round trip.
In this role you will wear many hats, but your knowledge will be essential in the following:
- Work with our team of Health & Wellbeing Specialists to design, develop, communicate, and execute an annual health and wellbeing programming plan, in alignment with client’s strategic goals and priorities
- Monitor, evaluate, and respond to program measurements and participant feedback, including operations and quality, to drive continuous quality improvement initiatives and goals
- Serve as an integrated partner and the face of wellbeing to the client population, guiding members to appropriate resources and offerings
- Engage and partner with client stakeholders and internal groups (Diversity & Inclusion, Employee Resource Groups, etc.) to build and support a culture of health
- Leverage community partnerships to support client goals including initiatives related to social determinants of health, diversity and inclusion, health, and holistic wellbeing (mental, emotional, physical, social, community, financial, and safety wellbeing)
- Collaborate with the client’s health plan and vendor partners to identify opportunities for health awareness and engagement, and to drive utilization of the client’s suite of health, benefits, and wellbeing offerings
- Build, nurture, and drive engagement through a Wellness Champion Network across key client locations
- Support Virgin Pulse platform enrollment and ongoing engagement to associated solutions, resources, and partners
- Work with our team of Health & Wellbeing Specialists to drive localized health engagement and awareness through educational opportunities and creative programming including, but not limited to, seminars, webinars, department presentations, and stop-by-tables
- Conduct regular data assessment and reporting to internal and external stakeholders, to define opportunities, track impact, and determine next best steps
- Collaborate with Virgin Pulse and client support teams including Marketing, Product, Business Operations, and Customer Service
- Partner with Virgin Pulse peers to share best practices and opportunities to drive best-in-class services to our clients
- Perform other related administrative duties as assigned, including but not limited to pulling reports using internal systems, managing team tracking spreadsheets, assisting with employee outreach calls, etc.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
What you bring to the Virgin Pulse team
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- Bachelor’s degree in health promotion or other health related field such as public health, community health, nutrition, exercise physiology, etc.
- Public health related certification (like CHES, NWI, Chapman Institute) preferred
- Internship experience in fields related to health and wellbeing
- Internship or job experience in corporate environment preferred
- Experience working with Excel spreadsheets (managing team budgets and key performance indicators)
- Health plan experience preferred
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to identify processes and organize resources to coordinate and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent time management; using time effectively and efficiently while prioritizing appropriately
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset
- Outstanding written and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail oriented with thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task, while demonstrating concern for all areas involved
- Outstanding ability to deliver presentations at all levels of an organization, to diverse audiences and groups and via multiple modalities including virtually and in-person, when appropriate
- Strong customer service orientation skilled at establishing and maintaining effective relationships across diverse groups and individuals within an organization; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Naturally curious
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
Why work at Virgin Pulse???
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive culture and cutting-edge technology and services. Virgin Pulse is an equal opportunity organization and is committed to diversity, inclusion, equity and social justice. To that end, we make a particular effort to recruit candidates from minoritized backgrounds to apply for open positions.