Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, originally founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
You are a responsible, diligent Cyber Security professional who has the ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and take direct instruction during emergency situations. As a Cyber Security Associate, at Virgin Pulse, you will be responsible for performing operational activities that support the overall security strategy and posture for the company. Having the ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with peers within differing organizational functions, you will focus on managing security tools, coordinating with security vendors along with other duties relating to identifying, tracking and responding to security alerts throughout the corporate, development and production environments.
In the role of Cyber Security Analyst you will wear many hats and your attention will be crucial in the following areas:
- Develop and optimize functional Information Security related processes.
- Manage the Security Alerts ticketing system, ensuring alerts are triaged or escalated within appropriate timeline.
- Coordinate pen tests of web, mobile apps and networks, supporting engineering teams to plan and document remediation activity.
- Develop metrics to benchmark security tool performance to identify performance trends and recommend improvements where required.
- Contribute on the design, development and implementation of new analytical techniques for detecting threats.
- Verify that application software, network and system security controls are implemented using best practice and document deviations, recommending corrective actions wherever applicable.
- Work with IT Operations, SecOps and DevOps teams to troubleshoot issues with existing security and privacy protection protocols.
- Manage and administer rules and signatures within security applications.
- Participate in risk and vulnerability scanning, log file analysis and correlation and audits, reporting findings clearly in relation to implications for existing IT infrastructure and applications.
- Serve on the CIRT supporting investigation, escalation, and coordination of information security events, including planning, designing and testing procedures.
- Remain up to date with advances in security tool technologies.
- Develop positive working relationships with business and IT functions involved in security and privacy matters.
- Support supplementary tasks in support the broader IT Operations function.
What you bring to the team.
In order to represent the best of what we have to offer you come to us with a multitude of positive attributes including:
- 5+ years’ experience with MS Windows, Linux, Mac OS and networking technologies.
- 2+ years’ experience in information security, with an understanding of Information Security Management / Risk Management frameworks.
- Exposure to incident response including forensics and event review.
- Experience working in fast paced, team-oriented and collaborative environments in a SaaS organization.
- Ability to serve as a “hands-on” technical lead for alert response for network, endpoint and application related alerts.
- Understanding of common security tools such as IDS/IPS, Network and Host-based firewalls, DLP, Metasploit and Nexpose.
- Understanding of Information Security including security threats, vulnerabilities, attacks, responsible groups, motivations and techniques.
You also take pride in offering the following Core Skills, Competencies, and Characteristics:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical thought process.
- Ability to learn systems and processes quickly.
- Broad based application support experience.
- Strong project management skills and ability to engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- A self-starter, with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work in a dynamic environment. Ability and maturity to excel in an environment where a certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Our work environment:
General office environment in which work is usually performed in a sitting position and may require stooping, kneeling, reaching, lifting and carrying during the course of the work shift. Maybe required to lift up to 50 lbs. during the course of the work shift.
- On-call availability for any critical information security incidents
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.