Director of Business Development
Serving as a key contributor to a leading SaaS organization, the US Director of Business Development is responsible for creating and executing sales strategies to drive revenue growth and expand the customer base. You will lead, develop and manage 15 inside sales development representatives, work closely with Marketing and Lead Generation, Sales Operations and Product teams (as well as other business units) and be accountable for delivering against budgeted contribution to revenue and KPI goals. You will also be responsible for leading the efforts to drive productivity and efficiency improvement for this team through innovation, new technologies, skillset training and process improvement. This position reports into the CRO.
Please note, a resume without a cover letter will not be considered. Impeccable written and verbal communication skills are essential to all we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily. We love a cover letter that shows us your personality-just be yourself. We’re mostly interested in learning who you are, what you love to do, and why you’d love to do it here with us. The run of the mill cover letter will probably not get you to the next step.
The Team's Focus:
The US Sales Development Representatives (SDR’s) are tasked with qualifying all inbound sales leads as well as outbound lead generation for their specific territories. Their day to day performance is measured on the leads they convert to outside sales opportunities. They work closely with their outside sales representative building territory plans, targeting clients within various employee size and industry vertical. The team uses Salesforce (SFDC) to manage all their activities. Current departmental targets are based on meetings booked and ARR (Annualized Recurring Revenue) achievement.
How you’ll contribute:
- You will develop and implement sales development strategies that drive monthly, quarterly and yearly growth against company targets.
- You will lead efforts to increase productivity and efficiency through gamification, innovative training and process improvement.
- You will hire, develop, coach, enable and manage a strong team of SDR’s to meet and exceed sales objectives.
- You will manage all reporting and institute transparency of performance to the SD Team, the organization and Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
- You will collaborate closely with the outside sales team to develop strategic solutions to drive growth in given employee size and territories.
- You will develop and/or optimize the lead management life cycle to ensure SDR effectiveness.
- You will develop, consistently review and measure our multi touch process, as well as supporting tools, to enable high performance SD Team results.
- You are skilled at collaboration with internal and external parties effortlessly.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of successful sales development/business development and inside sales management experience with demonstrated experience driving data-driven process improvements within a telephonic based lead generation processes (understanding of tools, technologies, reporting, compensation design, etc.)
- Proven track record of aggressively growing a business in terms of fueling sales pipeline for effective revenue generation and new client acquisition.
- Solid understanding and usage of data and CRM services relevant to the day to day management of an inside sales development team
- Technical requirements: strong level of expertise with Salesforce, proven expertise of the multi-touch process, understanding of new technology advancements to improve inside representatives effectiveness and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience in business.
Who We Are
At Virgin Pulse, we want to make employees healthier and happier. We accomplish this in many ways, including:
- Gamification of exercise and healthy habits, to hook people on being healthy
- A rewards program, to keep people coming back
- Challenges and competitions - take more steps than your friends!
- Wellness tracking - activity, weight, blood pressure, and nutrition information can be tracked, which earns points / badges
- Device integration - we work with Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, Nike, Garmin, and our very own, very cool, Bluetooth enabled activity device to pull in your data
Virgin Pulse – part of Sir Richard Branson’s world-renowned Virgin Group – is looking for a talented Director, Business Development to help build and grow our next generation SaaS application.