Who you are.
You are a knowledgeable yet curious Data Engineer with skills to gather requirements on data analytics, business intelligence, and machine learning by working with product groups and business users. You apply your skills to conduct research, evaluate new tools and modify existing software and systems to meet our business requirements. You have the ability to properly conduct root cause analysis for performance and stability improvement as well as participate in code reviews to improve code quality.
You will know how to help us advance a sustainable big data computing platform capable of processing and analyzing large quantities of data through creating and maintaining Extraction/Transformation/Load (ETL) processes to distill all disparate company data sources into a single source of truth in the Data Warehouse.
In the role of Data Engineer you will wear many hats but your skills will be crucial in the following areas:
- Publishing best practices around onboarding, maintenance, and development of our big data and ETL tools.
- Bringing our software engineering quality and release controls to the big data team, including continuous delivery, quality assurance automation, code repository maintenance, environment separation, and system monitoring and alerting.
- Integration of machine learning platforms to analyze large data sets and provide personalized feedback to platform users.
- Application of your knowledge of scientific computation and algorithms against health data sets.
What you bring to the team.
- Master’s Degree in Bioinformatics.
- Two (2) years of work experience with a full product delivery lifecycle as a Data or Software Engineer.
- Two (2) years of experience with Amazon Big Data services including Redshift and S3.
- Two (2) years of experience with an industry standard BI tool such as DOMO, Tableau, or Pentaho.
- One (1) year of experience with a large scale ETL framework such as Pentaho or Airflow.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.