New Forrester Report: How To Quantify and Maximize Employee Productivity
February 15, 2017 / Employee Engagement
We know that when you take care of your employees, your employees will take care of your customers directly impacting the bottom line. As we think about the employee experience, we have to consider the quantifiable results of investing into wellbeing programs. Forrester Research recently released a report titled “Quantifying Your Company’s Workforce: Customers Only Benefit When Employees Do, Too.” In this report, Forrester Research analyzes the trends and predictions for performance management including how to build a successful workforce quantification program. Here are the key takeaways:
- Innovations in technology will continue to drive quantifiable productivity outcomes
- As vendors revolutionize the ways we monitor employee productivity and engagement, we are seeing the development of new products like beacons that automate employee time tracking and smart ID badges allowing employers to analyze speech, activity, and stress levels to better understand behavior. Virgin Pulse achieves a 360-degree view of employees by incorporating and understanding all the elements that influence their actions – in and out of work – to produce behavior change resulting in quantifiable productivity and engagement outcomes.
- Accurately assessing, analyzing and applying effective solutions based on the extensive data available will be the greatest challenge
- Virgin Pulse’s analytics team has pioneered exhaustive research into the complex and critical relationship between employee health and business performance. Research confirms the common sense approach of year’s past: this is a critical investment, for employees and for businesses alike. As more productivity solutions are created, managers are left with a dizzying array of options and data overload. Most managers are often unsure of how to correctly assess, interpret and turn the data into an actionable strategic plan to improve productivity and performance. Check out how to use Virgin Pulse’s real-time insights for data-driven decision making.
- Maintaining an employee-focused perspective is essential to drive success and productivity
- As an organization, it is essential to look at how you can improve any productivity issues at the organizational or systematic level. Employees should feel empowered and educated to know what is keeping them from being more productive, too. With powerful personalization and rich daily habit-building tools, Virgin Pulse Engage continuously engages workers to drive sustained behavior change. This total wellbeing solution builds healthy habits across all areas of wellbeing to achieve long-term health and productivity results for your entire workforce.
Forward-thinking businesses that focus on incorporating innovative technology, insightful analytics, and a skilled and knowledgeable management team will be successful in creating an effective workforce quantification program. By maintaining an employee-focused perspective, leaders will deliver a better customer experience driving critical business outcomes. To learn more about how you can quantify and maximize your employee productivity, download the Forrester Research report now.
Lindsey Hudson is the Marketing Communications Manager at Virgin Pulse. She has over three years of experience in workplace wellbeing, and is passionate about helping businesses create engaging solutions that change lives. Outside the office, she’s busy whipping up new healthy recipes and signing up for local 5k races.
Source: Quantifying Your Company’s Workforce: Customers Only Benefit When Employees Do, Too, Forrester Research, Inc., February 2017.