COVID-19 Lockdown: One Year Later
March 10, 2021 / Corporate Wellness
When the coronavirus pandemic forced a near-global lockdown, no one could have expected that the stress, uncertainty, anxiety and physical isolation would last as long as it has. For Virgin Pulse, March 13, 2021 will mark one full year since we closed our physical office spaces and asked our employees to work from home for what we thought would be a few weeks.
The beginning of 2020 was full of hope for so many. Something about that year, that number, just felt right. But, like they say, hindsight is 20/20—a fitting phrase to describe the events of this past year.
There’s no question that COVID-19 has been a devastating wake-up call. From far too many lives lost to glaring racial and socioeconomic disparities in health outcomes to an evolving mental health crisis, the pandemic wreaked havoc on a global scale.
But as Dr. Laurie Santos reminds us, “we can harness the toughness to experience the power of post-traumatic growth.” There’s power in positivity and gratitude during difficult times, and sometimes choosing to look at the good amongst the bad can give us the power to drive meaningful change. There are lessons to be learned from our experiences over the past year: the urgent need to fight for racial equity, the exposure of a broken U.S. healthcare system, the true dangers of lifestyle-related chronic disease, the importance of preserving mental health and social connections – the list goes on.
As a leader in the realm of digital health and employee wellbeing, we knew that we had an obligation—and an opportunity—to educate, innovate and provide the tools and resources necessary to support the health and wellbeing of organizations and their employees around the world. In just a few short months, we launched a COVID-19 wellbeing hub, released five new digital health solutions, created countless online resources and content and quickly pivoted our popular in-person Thrive Summit event to a virtual experience known as THRIVEx. All these actions were taken to address the rapidly emerging health and wellbeing needs of employers, employees and their families.
One year later, we’re still battling this pandemic and the devastating impact it’s had – and will continue to have – on workplace culture, employee mental health, sleep, work-life balance and so much more. The resources and tools we created in response to COVID-19 are proving to be as useful now as they were at the emergence of this global emergency. In case you missed it, check out our most useful COVID-19 products and content from 2020.
2020 Product Releases:
- VP Passport – a return-to-workplace health and safety screening tool
- VP GO – a turnkey global wellbeing solution designed to strengthen teams and improve employee wellbeing
- VP GO Fast Forward Edition – a special edition of our turnkey solution that has been purpose built to advance employee health, safety, activity and engagement during COVID-19
- VP Transform for Prediabetes – a high-touch, low–cost digital therapeutics solution tailored for those at risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- VP Transform for Weight Management – a digital therapeutics solution tailored to help overweight and obese adults improve health behaviors and avoid the complications and costs associated with obesity-related health issues
- VP+ – an integrated partner bundle at considerable cost savings, designed to create a truly connected health experience
Interested in learning more about our latest product release and our simplified, customizable approach to employee wellbeing with our Homebase for Health™ vision? Schedule an appointment with one of our digital wellbeing experts.
Employee Wellbeing Resources:
- Work-From-Home Playbook
- Work-From-Home Exercise Videos
- COVID-19 Mental Health Toolkit
- Virtual Exercise Dice
- Virtual Mindfulness Dice
- Virtual Gratitude Dice
Across the globe, we’ve endured unexpected changes, uncertainty, stress and hardships. But through change, we thrive. Learn how to navigate the future of employee health, wellbeing and engagement and join us in Connecting for Good this May 11-13th at THRIVEx, an immersive virtual experience.